If you’re a PC gamer, then you’re probably aware of Steam. It’s just warehouse of thousands of PC games and almost every single PC game is available there. But, if you want to remove a game from steam, here’s how to uninstall steam games.
PC gaming has gone so far. It’s not the time of 2D or HD games. People want to play ultra-high definition games and 4K games using their high-end PC. Steam is the warehouse of games, providing access to thousands of paid and free games. From RPG games to multiplayer games, Steam has everything in their store. They do have a community as well, where gamers can share their ideas, can post problems and much more like that.
Both free and paid games are available and we can install them with ease. But, when it comes to uninstalling Steam games, the process becomes tricky. Most gamers don’t know how to uninstall Steam games. We’ve shown three different ways to do this.
When we install a game from steam, its files are saved offline on our storage space. e.g we have entire control over the game files but to remove that game, we need to go through some steps to remove it completely. Otherwise, some files might be left behind, eating up your PC space.
Just follow the methods given down below. Read all of them and then follow the method which suits
3 Methods To Uninstall Steam Games On PC
There are particularly three methods by which you can uninstall steam games from your pc. We recommend trying first two more often than the third one. The third one is a tricky one and might not be useful to delete Steam games completely from your PC. First two methods are working and recommended to you. But in case, didn’t work for you, feel free to try the 3rd method which is based on the manual removal of the game from your PC.
Here are the methods we’ll be using in this article:
Now, let’s go through detailed step by step process.
Method 1. Uninstall Game From Steam Library
Steam library in PC is used to manage all the games you’ve installed so far. We can add new games and can uninstall existing one. So, this is the best way to remove any installed game from your PC. Just follow the steps given down below. Using this method, all the files, folders and user data related to that game will be deleted permanently.
1. Log in to your account using Steam Library for PC.
2. Hover the Library tab and choose Games option.
3. Select the game that you want to uninstall and right click on it.
4. From the list of options select Uninstall.
5. Select Delete from the dialog box.
6. That’s it, your game will start uninstalling.
This method is the easiest one method so we recommend all of you to try this method. Every file from your pc or disk will be deleted related to that game. Remember that the name of the game will remain in your Steam Library. But this name will be in grey color, so you don’t need to worry about it. It only shows because this game will always gonna be in your steam library. So you can reinstall this game anytime, anywhere in the future.
Method 2. Uninstall Steam Game From Windows Programs and Features
It’s another simple and easy method to do the same. You don’t need to open Steam itself to delete or uninstall any game from your window particularly. Follow this method if the upper method doesn’t work for you anymore. It can be useful for users who want to uninstall Steam games without Steam library application.
1. Search for Control panel or search direct Programs and Features in your window as shown in the picture. Click on it.
2. A new Window will appear, this is a list of all the application and games which are installed on your pc / laptop. Scroll down or find the game name that you want to uninstall from your PC. As shown in the picture below.
3. Select on Uninstall option, now Steam engine window will appear with a dialog box ” Delete game Files?”.
4. Select on Delete option and boom your game will start uninstalling.
This method is simple and clean. Try to use this method more often for uninstalling application of your pc. If you uninstall any game using this method, there is no way to restore that game data. To get the Game back again, just visit Steam and download that again
Method 3. Uninstall The Game Manually
This method is the last method by which you can delete the game manually from your PC. If none of the methods listed above worked, follow this one. This method is a tricky method but it’s sure that the game files will be deleted permanently. You just need to put your more efforts in order to do this.
1. Find the installation folder of the steam. By default using Window 10, it is in C:/Program Files(x86). As shown in the picture below. Select the Steam folder from this.
2. Now find the Steamapps folder and then select the Common folder within it. You will find different game folders in this folder.
3. This is a place where your all games data remain. You need to choose the desired game folder that you want to uninstall.
4. Right Click on this folder and then select Delete option. This will permanently delete this folder from your pc so be aware it will not going to store in Recycle been normally.
Once you’ve followed these steps, it’s time to remove all the temporary data which is saved along with the game in your storage space.
- Press Win+R, type %temp% and hit enter.
- Now, temporary files folder will appear, select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A.
- Press Delete button and all your files will be deleted.
- Empty your recycle bin.
Now that game will be deleted permanently from your system.
This is how to uninstall steam games. If you find this article good feel free to comment. If you are getting any problems in uninstalling any game from the steam feel free to comment. We will try to solve your problem as much as possible.